20080514

Thank You



Since my girlfriend had the privilege to buy Apple product for cheaper price, I asked her a favor. She was very lucky to purchase a MacBook Pro at insanely good price. You'll dropped your jaw if I tell you :-D

I let my girl use it for a couple of days. She is so happy I can tell. She never really have the chance to really feel owning a laptop in her room. And for few days, we had wonderful time.

Yes, MacBook Pro is a sleek and beautiful machine. But when my girlfriend handed it to me, I did not turn it on right away. I had personal problem that day, and even the problem disappeared, the machines didn't really interest me. At that night, when I was so boring and my girlfriend seems a bit disappointed when she knows I didn't even take it out from the bag, I light it up. Yeah. It is Leopard. My mom have a MacBook and I've played with Leopard so looking at my MacBook Pro still nothing to me. The nice metallic machine didn't captivate me at all because I have experience my PowerBook for 5 years.

Until I started to USE it. Yes. I admit. Software captivates me a lot. Every button, every option and every menu I explore on Leopard, they sit perfectly. Apple programmer really knows how to balance the need and not need. They have added so much features and most of them I craved on when I use Tiger last time.

But that didn't fully satisfied me. With dual core, this machines wasn't really do much work. Guess, what is my attempt on my PowerBook last time? PowerBook running Leopard Server. Yes. It didn't work. My PowerBook can't read dual layer disc. There are few workaround I used, but no avail. The next day I went to my bachelor house - is this what people call? :-p - and grab the dual layer disc and install Leopard Server. Hehe. It feels like I'm rocketing to the sky! I have used all names of server - Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, FreeBSD - but this is the NEATEST UNIX SERVER EVER!

Since this post is not about Server, I will stop now. I'm sure I got a lot coming. Only software excites me. And only that excitement can lead me to blogging :-)

PS: I want to thank my girl. You are a wonderful person. Take a good care of my tiger, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment