20080514

❖ Boot Camp : Ignore the Installation Guide


Yes, ignore it. You don't need it. What you need for boot camp setup is this post :-p which have I kindly made you a list. You need:

1. Windows Installation CD for installation of course.
2. Leopard Installation CD that will take care the drivers for you.
3. Gut. Which you don't really need because Boot Camp will cause you no pain.

During the journey you should:

1. Format the prepared partition named BOOTCAMP. Just choose (quick) because you can't wait to see Windows on your mac right? I choose FAT32 so that I can write files to it when I'm running Leopard. But if you want the more advance NTFS, no problem.
2. When Windows is installed, you may find that the eject button on your mac keyboard is not working. Simply go to My Computer and right click on the D: drive. Choose eject from there. Then insert your Leopard installation disc and you'll be surprise that the setup is just in one click.

I got a hiccup during my first and second attempt, so I advise you to use a good version of XP or Vista.

PS: I love mac. I have to use Windows because people pay me to.

2 comments:

  1. eleh die show off melambak dulu boleh... orang tak cakap pa pe pun :-p

    ReplyDelete